Student Services 10-12
It is our mission to meet all students’ academic, career, and emotional concerns. Counselors will assist students by providing direct and indirect services to promote and enhance the school community.
2020-2021 Student Support Teams
Administrative Assistants Extensions:
Linda Longtin ext. 6023
Katie Schneider ext. 6040
All BBCHS counselors are certified educators with a minimum of a master’s degree in School Counseling. This degree makes school counselors uniquely qualified to address all students’ academic, personal-social, and career development needs.
- Promote equity and access to rigorous educational experiences for all students
- Support a safe learning environment
- Work to safeguard the human rights of all members of our school community
- Address the needs of all students through intervention programs
- Collaborate with other individuals and organizations to promote all students academic, career and personal-social development.
PARCHMENT - Transcript Requests
STUDENT STATEMENT FORM/INCIDENT REPORT - students must be logged into Google Docs to complete the form.
COLLEGE AND CAREER PATHWAYS
- Virtual Job Shadow - Complete career interest inventories, explore career clusters, research occupations, and find aligned higher education programs. Login with your BBCHS Google account.
- College Board - PSAT, SAT, and AP information.
- ACT - Find and register for ACT tests. Useful college planning resources.
- Big Future - College Board’s college and career planning site, including resources for financing college.
- WorkKankakee.org - Local resource for career development and job seekers.
- Illinois Career Information System - Learn about occupations, find educational and training programs, and link to job resources.
- Illinois College2Career - Browser-based mobile app that helps students match career interests with college and university programs.
- FAFSA - Free Application for Financial Student Aid - Apply as soon as possible after Oct. 1st. Awards are made until funds are depleted.
Intending to continue athletics in college? Be sure to register with the NCAA and/or NAIA. If you need a fee waiver, create an account and speak with your counselor.