It is our mission to meet all students’ academic, career, and emotional concerns. Counselors will assist students by providing direct and indirect services to promote and enhance the school community.
Role of the School Counselor
All BBCHS counselors are certified educators with a minimum of a master’s degree in School Counseling. This degree makes school counselors uniquely qualified to address all students’ academic, personal-social, and career development needs.
- Promote equity and access to rigorous educational experiences for all students
- Support a safe learning environment
- Work to safeguard the human rights of all members of our school community
- Address the needs of all students through intervention programs
- Collaborate with other individuals and organizations to promote all students academic, career and personal-social development.
PARCHMENT - Transcript Requests
STUDENT STATEMENT FORM/INCIDENT REPORT - students must be logged into Google Docs to complete the form.
COLLEGE AND CAREER PATHWAYS
- Virtual Job Shadow - Complete career interest inventories, explore career clusters, research occupations, and find aligned higher education programs. Login with your BBCHS Google account.
- College Board - PSAT, SAT, and AP information.
- ACT - Find and register for ACT tests. Useful college planning resources.
- Big Future - College Board’s college and career planning site, including resources for financing college.
- WorkKankakee.org - Local resource for career development and job seekers.
- Illinois Career Information System - Learn about occupations, find educational and training programs, and link to job resources.
- Illinois College2Career - Browser-based mobile app that helps students match career interests with college and university programs.
- FAFSA - Free Application for Financial Student Aid - Apply as soon as possible after Oct. 1, 2018. Awards are made until funds are depleted.
Intending to continue athletics in college? Be sure to register with the NCAA and/or NAIA. If you need a fee waiver, create an account and speak with your counselor.
Dave Lamie, Megan Couture, Deb Howard, Dave Luhrsen
Stacy Stover, Tina Boseo, Kate Lippoldt, Anne Kashanitz
2019-2020 STUDENT SUPPORT TEAMS
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL EXTENSIONS:
Matt Fox ext. 6017
Rob Zimbelman ext. 6016
Ryan Kemp ext. 6018
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT EXTENSIONS:
Linda Longtin ext. 6023
Katie Schneider ext. 6040
SOCIAL WORKER EXTENSIONS:
A-Lie: Sarah Putman ext. 6050
Lif-Z: Paula Dykstra ext. 6049
COUNSELOR EXTENSIONS: Main Number 815-937-3707
Megan Couture: ext. 6032
Dave Luhrsen: ext. 6033
Tina Boseo: ext. 6042
Deb Howard: ext. 6034
Anne Kashanitz: ext. 6036
Lisa Kwit: ext. 6044