Director of Nutrition Services

Phone: (815) 937-3707 ext. 6081


Degrees and Certifications:

Dana Pippin

The mission of BBCHS CAFÉ is to provide a place where students love to eat. We strive to incorporate a quality, nutritious, and cost efficient meal program that will encourage a lifetime of making healthy choices which is essential for students to reach their highest level of academic achievement and wellness.

  • Lunch Menu
  • My School Bucks
  • Free and Reduced

Summer EBT Cards

  • The Illinois State Board of Education Nutrition Department has opened the application for Summer EBT cards. This federally funded program will provide grocery-buying benefits to low-income families with students when schools are closed for the summer. Eligible students will receive a one-time $120 per summer transfer card.

    Families who are on free and reduced will already receive a card. If you believe you qualify, please fill out the form linked below. The deadline for application is May 30.


    ISBE Website - More Details

Summer Meals

  • Free Summer Meals


  • The Child and Nutrition Program operates under the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program. We have a Food Service Director and Kitchen Manager who are Certified Food Safety Managers and 10 Food Service Professionals that are all certified food handlers. Each student will be offered the following food items daily: Milk-fat free or low fat (1%), fruit, vegetable, grains, and meat/meat alternative.

    With the 2010 Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act mandate: school lunches will meet additional standards requiring:

    • Less sodium
    • More whole grains
    • Fat-free or 1% milk(flavored milk must be fat-free)
    • Wider variety of vegetables
    • Larger servings of fruits and veggies
    • Age-appropriate calorie limits
  • 2024-2025: Free/Reduced applications will be available to fill out online and paper copies in the main office starting July 22nd, 2024. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the free/reduced lunch bag to access the online application form. 

    *Reminder: Applications need to be filled out every year. If you receive a free or reduced status, this will also waive school fees for the year.

    How do I get my student's breakfast/lunch to be free or reduced?
    In order to be free/reduced you must fill out a free/reduced meal application every year! Application Link:  Paper copies are available in English and Spanish in the main office. Students who have already received a letter stating their free status with SNAP, TANF, Foster, or Medicaid do not need to fill out an application. 

    How will I know if my application was approved or denied? 
    You will receive an email. If there is no email on file, you will receive a letter in the mail. All denials will be sent by a letter in the mail. 

    How do I get my school fees waived?
    When you receive notice of free/reduced status, school fees will be waived. 

    How do I put money on my student's account?
    All payments are to be paid online at  Cafè staff will not be taking any cash payments. If you need to pay by cash/check, payments can be made to the front office. Please give 24-48 hours to process. Vending machines are located in the cafeteria and accept cash only. 

Student Cafeteria Guide

  • What does each line serve?
    South Cafeteria: Pizza Line
    North Cafeteria: Fast N' Fresh Deli Line & Boilermaker's Homestyle Classics Line

    How to Pay?
    Returning Students: Use your student ID card or the last 4 digits of your student ID number
    Freshmen Students: Use the last 4 digits of your student ID number until you receive your student ID card
    *Money can be deposited in your myschoolbucks account or by giving the main office cash/check. 

    Where is the Menu?
    The monthly menu can be found here online. The weekly menu is always posted outside the cafe doors and the daily menu is always on the tv screens. 

Cafè Staff

  • Cafe Staff

BBCHS is an Equal Opportunities Provider

  • In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

    Mail: U.S Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

    Fax: (202)690-7442 or (833) 256-1665