BBCHS Strategic Plan
What is Vision307?
Vision307 is a Strategic Plan that will measure, validate, and identify opportunities to align BBCHS’s vision of college & career readiness, student achievement, teaching and learning, community partnership, and resources.
- A road map for current statue & future improvement.
- Provide criteria for improvement opportunities
- Not a final plan, but a long-term strategy to – a living document update every 3-5 years.
- Create an accountability system to ensure priorities are the forefront of district’s focus.
Why is a Strategic Plan Needed?
- Create a Mission, Vision, & Goals for BBCHS for the next 5-7 years
- Identify the highest area of need for the district
- Reflect community priorities
- Support future decision-making
- Project future resource allocation
- Establish a timeline for implementation
- Create a District Dashboard to show progress towards goals and initiatives.
What is the Process?
The Vision307 process takes several factors into account before decisions are made:
- Orientation: Who we are and what are we charged to do?
- Data Review: Where are we now? What is working well and what needs improvement?
- Vision Setting: Where do we want to be? How will we be different in 5-10 years from now? What does current research & best practice suggest?
- Setting Direction: How will we get from where we are now to where we want to be in 5-10 years from now?
- Final Review: What will we recommend to the Board of Education to set future direction
Who will be involved? Short answer - EVERYONE
- The Vision307 Committee is comprised of community leaders, parents, board members, staff, administration, and students who will meet regularly to interpret both quantitative data and input collected from community feedback.
- The COMMUNITY will have opportunity to provide feedback to the Vision307 Committee through a on-line survey.
- The COMMUNITY will have an opportunity to review and provide additional input to the Plan through a Community Forum.
- The Vision307 Committee will take the COMMUNITY input and ensure that it is reflected in the final recommendation to the Board of Education.
What is Next?
There will be a total of five strategic plan meetings that will begin in October and end in February. This planning process will examine our district’s mission, vision, and values; help identify long-range goals and create critical strategy action plans. Members of Vision307 must attend all 5 sessions of the planning process where we will be dissecting results from our outreach efforts as well as establishing the desired
direction for BBCHS.
Vision307 Strategic Plan meeting schedule is as follows:
Olivet Nazarene University
School of Graduate and Continuing Studies
21 Heritage Drive
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
**Park on east side of building (by the Kindercare side)
**Enter in North entrance (directly across from BUGC)
*The topics of these engagement sessions will provide us with the feedback needed for our Vision307 to not only be BBCHS’ plan, but our community’s vision. Having the stakeholders input within this process establishes a tracking process that will ensure the education of our students and Vision307 is a product of the Bradley-Bourbonnais community standards.