Commencement Address Application
The new tradition continues at BBCHS. Selected students will have the opportunity to present a commencement address to their graduating class. The school is offering the opportunity for students to get involved in their own graduation!
The deadline to submit the application and speech is March 16. The Commencement Address Advisory Committee, comprised of the principal, the director of counseling, an additional administrator, two teachers, and the senior class president or officer appointed by the sponsors, will oversee the process and select the top two speeches to be part of commencement.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior.
- Applicant must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Applicant must be involved in a club, activity, athletics and/or an organization while enrolled at BBCHS.
- Download and complete the application form located on the school’s website.
- Application and typed manuscript of the three to five minute speech must be submitted to the main office by March 16 at 3:30 p.m.
- The Commencement Address Advisory Committee will notify all submitters of their status on or before April 13.
- Auditions for Phase Two will take place the last two weeks of April.
- Students who are selected to present at commencement will be notified on or before May 4.
- The final draft of the address will be submitted to the principal for final review and revision during the week leading up to graduation.
Commencement Address Application (click to download application)