NATIONAL ART HONOR SOCIETY
The purpose of the BBCHS Chapter of the National Art Honor Society is to inspire and recognize those students who have demonstrated excellence in visual art. Students in Art Honor Society will work to promote art in the school and community through various activities and service projects. The NAHS strives to aid members in working toward the attainment of the highest standards in art areas, and to bring art education to the attention of the school and community. Students in Art Honor Society participate in several service projects that benefit those in our community and around the world.
As members of Art Honor Society:
1. Students become part of the professional NAEA community.
2. Become members of a distinguished group of over 33,000 art students.
3. Students are eligible for the Rising Star Secondary Recognition Award.
4. Seniors are eligible to receive the Charles M. Robertson Memorial Scholarship--a special four-year scholarship to Pratt Institute School of Art and Design in New York.
5. Impress the college admissions boards! Institutions of higher education view the NAHS as a mark of accomplishment.
Open to juniors and seniors who are enrolled in their second full year of art and have earned a high g.p.a. in their art courses and are in good academic standing in other courses (Exact eligibility requirement will be available with applications at the start of each school year).
Weekly, depending on current activities and service projects
Regularly, dependent upon current activities and service projects
$10 for new members, $5 for returning members (subject to change).
Procedure for Joining:
application process which includes an essay, followed by induction ceremony in the fall.